Localization Territory Coordinator (French)
Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of building innovative solutions to service our clients in the entertainment industry with their media distribution needs.
We seek the brightest minds and the A-players to innovate and disrupt our industry and to make it easier for our clients to offer premium content quickly across physical and digital media platforms worldwide. No matter the product or service, our approach is simple: deliver advanced media solutions with exceptional service.
To support our continued expansion, we are currently looking for “Roll Up Your Sleeves” problem solvers that can work as part of a world-class team. Our work environment is unique. So is the right candidate. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-looking company that offers an exciting, creative and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential.
To date, we’ve delivered thousands of titles to iTunes, Google, Netflix, Amazon, and others. We’ve created a large percentage of iTunes Extras titles available on the App Store, developed the specification of and delivered the first Cross-Platform Extras titles, authored more than eight-thousand DVDs, two-thousand Blu-rays, as well as award-winning tablet and mobile apps.
Your day-to-day tasks are divided into two main domains, one is working with Pixelogic Media’s Localization Territory Manager in France and help with various linguistic, administrative and project management tasks, and the other is working with the subtitle post-processing team in Cairo in providing technical QC services for subtitle files in various languages.
French language-based tasks include (40-50%):
- Conform, proofread and perform other linguistic tasks in French in subtitling software
- Translate and proofread French text-based projects
- Review French dubbing scripts for quality and consistency
- Evaluate French language tests and provide feedback
- With supervision by Territory Manager, assign projects to local freelancers or vendors
- Follow through projects and ensure they are finished as scheduled and according to the highest possible technical/linguistic standards
- Relate promptly linguistic and quality issues (vs time, client or general process constraints) to Territory Manager
- Monitor and keep up-to-date with trends in region related to shifts in technology, creative or technical specifications
- Assist Territory Manager in France with local recruitment, such as, posting in local language, contacting universities, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
Technical QC services are (50-60%):
- Responsible for the evaluation and the troubleshooting of translated audio and subtitle files.
- Perform different checks for subtitle files to make sure they match company and client requirements in terms of technical specs, sync with video/audio, and style guide rules.
- Report error patterns and root cause analysis to improve post processing workflows.
- Work with the team to update post-processing workflows, guidelines and day-to-day practices to improve the overall quality and capacity.
For both domains, you must abide by security policies and protect information assets entrusted to you.
- Bachelor degree in language-related field, e.g. translation, literature, journalism, etc.
- Excellent linguistic skills in French and English
- Good understanding and in-depth knowledge of French language/country-specific cultures, known as localization
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to work quickly to meet deadlines and a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of tools and devices in digital media
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone and other online communication tools
- Good at time management and ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- A positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and enthusiastic to get things done
- Passionate about customer experience and customer service excellence
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Knowledge of professional subtitling software highly desirable
- Experience in media or entertainment highly desirable
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus