Pixelogic™ Media Egypt (formerly Emerge Technology)is a software development company based in Cairo, Egypt. Established in 2006 focusing on developing Blu-ray disc embedded software and authoring tools for international clients, including major Hollywood studios. Through a constant innovation process, our current portfolio has rapidly grown to include a range of products and services covering cutting edge web technologies, mobile applications and digital media solutions.Our company cultivates a creative atmosphere where teamwork is essential and talent, dedication, and good ideas are rewarded.
As an IT and Systems engineer, you will help to meet the company's needs for computer hardware, software and networking tools. You will work to develop, test, install, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware and software. As part of this process, your work is to create proper documentation, diagrams and other detailed instructions to help other employees make the best use of new technologies.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged.
- Create new technologies, including the development of networking solutions and software programs.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to collaborate and self-manage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Having a good memory of how software and operating systems work.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with employees to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- Positive attitude toward teamwork.
- Highly responsible individual, who takes pride in completing tasks to the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize the workload.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus