Audio/Video/Subtitle QC Operator
Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of building innovative solutions to service our clients in the entertainment industry with their media distribution needs.
We seek the brightest minds and the A-players to innovate and disrupt our industry and to make it easier for our clients to offer premium content quickly across physical and digital media platforms worldwide. No matter the product or service, our approach is simple: deliver advanced media solutions with exceptional service.
To support our continued expansion, we are currently looking for “Roll Up Your Sleeves” problem solvers that can work as part of a world-class team. Our work environment is unique. So is the right candidate. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-looking company that offers an exciting, creative and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential.
To date, we’ve delivered thousands of titles to iTunes, Google, Netflix, Amazon, and others. We’ve created a large percentage of iTunes Extras titles available on the App Store, developed the specification of and delivered the first Cross-Platform Extras titles, authored more than eight-thousand DVDs, two-thousand Blu-rays, as well as award-winning tablet and mobile apps.
A Streams(Audio/Video/Subtitle) QC Operator – will objectively perform extensive and detailed inspections and assessments of audio, video and subtitle streams for high source film/TV content. An excellent candidate must be able to identify errors and artifacts and report these findings into a database system in a clear, concise and easy-to-read manner.
- To receive, check and prepare files supplied in various formats (ISO, IMG etc.) from our clients.
- To review files over video backgrounds in the company’s subtitling software, checking for the following: sync, cue accuracy, text corruption and content issues, positioning of subtitles to avoid clashes with on-screen text, querying and/or correcting problems according to the guidelines and procedures established with various clients.
- To work collaboratively with other members of the team to ensure project requirements are met.
- To become familiar with the textual and font-related issues that are typical or occur frequently in material for specific languages and territories. To perform relevant checks against the occurrence of such issue.
- To become familiar with audio format and channels outputs Dolby Digital identifying channel errors, correct S.1, 7.1 surround stereo and audio hits.
- Responsible for checking audio, video and subtitle final media compilation and reporting any errors.
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities.
- Abide by security policies and protect information assets entrusted to you.
- Work with the team to update streams QC workflows, guidelines and day-to-day practices to improve the overall quality and capacity.
- Bachelor degree in media or relevant majors.
- Excellent English is required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Quality Control operator, working in a professional Post Production facility or studio is a plus.
- Experience in audio, video or subtitling and dubbing services is Preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Positive attitude toward teamwork.
- Positive attitude toward learning new skills and handling different projects.
- Knowledge of professional audio, video or subtitling post QC is highly desirable.
- Ability to provide feedback and coaching to individuals on their QC results.
- Highly responsible individual, who takes pride in completing tasks to the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to perform under pressure with changing priorities and tight deadlines, and to shift between different client requirements and style guides.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Proactive approach to work.
- Solid understanding of a wide variety of film, video and audio impairments and their underlying causes.
- Extensive experience with all SD and HD formats and timecode 2K, UHD and 4K and HDR-10 and Dolby Vision experience is a plus.
- Strong administrative and production computer skills on Windows and Mac OS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus