Software Development Engineer
For over 10 years, Emerge Technology has provided technology solutions to the entertainment industry and is now part of Pixelogic Media. Our products and services span the digital spectrum, from enhanced extras packages promoting digital purchase to physical disc authoring. Our clients include virtually all the major Hollywood studios and dozens of independent studios. To date, we’ve delivered thousands of titles to iTunes, Google, Netflix, Amazon, and others. We’ve created a large percentage of iTunes Extras titles available on the App Store, developed the specification of and delivered the first Cross-Platform Extras titles, authored more than eight-thousand DVDs, two-thousand Blu-rays, as well as award-winning tablet and mobile apps. Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of building innovative solutions to service our clients in the entertainment industry with their media distribution needs. Join us if you’re passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
- Developing new applications and adding new features to existing ones.
- Developing software for various platforms (Web, Mobile and Desktop).
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Designing and scaling API endpoints.
- Collaborating with other team members and/or teams.
- Translating of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements.
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed, scalability and security.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated passion for learning new technologies.
- Strong consistency and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to collaborate and self-manage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Solid foundation of object-oriented design concepts, algorithms and data structures.
- Strong knowledge in one or more of: C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Swift, Java.
- Experience with front end frameworks (AngularJS, React, etc..) is a plus.
- Experience with mobile development is a plus.
- Familiarity with one or more of: Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell is a plus.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus